Sunday, January 10, 2010

Why I Decided to Create This Website

This website evolved from a number of food-related conversations I found myself having with others during the last few months of 2009, not the least of them being a conversation I had with a coworker yesterday.

This coworker had been reading a book on the evils of factory farming. She has always been fond of animals, and had even tried her hand at raising chickens at one point. She was visibly bothered by the book, and I asked her if she had ever tried to become a vegetarian. She paused for a moment and looked up at me, and said "but I like food."

I had an exasperated moment. I like food too, and I've been a vegetarian since 1997.

I've been posting vegetarian recipes on my Live Journal blog for the past couple of years, so I figured I'd consolidate them on this blog. I would also like to post restaurant reviews and articles on topics affecting vegetarians in Massachusetts, but I probably won't get around to doing that for quite a while.

So, hello. I hope you enjoy my website. If I can convince one person that vegetarians are not all humorless, politically correct, and annoying my job will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment