Thursday, January 28, 2010

Romano Muffins: Version I

I was trying to think of a compliment to broccoli soup that wouldn't exhaust my meager end-of-the-week supply of bread, and would be able to be cooked in a humble toaster oven* and I came up with this.  

If anyone reading this tries this recipe, I would like input on how to make it better.  I think these came out a little too airy/flaky.

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbs baking powder
1/4 cup Romano cheese
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
pinch of salt

Mix all the dry ingredients together, add the egg and butter.  Stir until the dough goes crumbly.  Then add the cup of milk and cup of water.  If the dough seems to be a tad too sticky, add a dusting of flour.

Put in muffin tin and bake at 250 for forty to fifty minutes.  Serves 6.



*my apartment oven doesn't work well at all, my mother lets me borrow her oven for special occasion baking, but otherwise it's just me and the ol' Black and Decker.

No comments:

Post a Comment