Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fake Meat, and A Baked Burrito Recipe

Happy Fourth of July! 
Later today, Eric and I are heading to my aunt's and uncles for a barbecue.  Barbecue presents many challenges for vegetarians, as there is always the danger that you will find nothing to eat except salad.  My way of politely combating that is to bring a vegetarian dish, or even just a package of frozen veggie burgers if you're really well acquainted with the hosts, to the barbecue.

Here's a possible vegetarian barbecue dish using fake meat.  Now, I don't want to advertise, so take the products I used as recommendations only.  


3 diced tomatoes
1 package of frozen spinach
1 small onion
2tsps of olive oil
1 package of chopped fake sausage (I prefer Morningstar Farms breakfast sausage or Field Roast Mexican Chipotle)
2 lavash wraps
cheese
  
Fry the spinach, onion, and chopped sausage in a skillet until brown.  Wrap in the lavash wraps.  Put the lavash wraps in a pie pan.  Cover with tomato and cheese.  Bake 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment